Monday, April 11, 2011

It Can Only Get Better From Here

  So i am starting my second week of my 3 month challenge.  I already seem to be adjusting to the new eating habits well, & can usually talk myself out of eating something I know I shouldn't.  Getting back into the swing of working out is provong a bit harder.  Not because I talk myself out of it (quite the opposite this time, actually), but because things I can't control get in the way.  Last Friday, I got too overheated with just 2 toning stations & 10 minutes of cardio to go.  Today, I was 45 minutes into the workout when I got slammed by a searing pain in my head.  Determined to stick to my new resolve that a headache was not going to keep me from the gym, I tried to push through.  I almost puked on the leg machine.  My trainer made me stop.  I am angry.  Not with myself or my trainer, but with this intangible demon I keep having to fight.

  Tomorrow is my first weigh in after starting the 25 in 3 challenge.  I have been at this one whole week tomorrow.  Will the scale move?  I don't know.  But I'm determined not to stress about it until I've had 2 check-ins without any loss.  Then we can aggressively tweak what I'm doing.  I know I'm already making better choices and can still have things I want (hello, DQ?), but not as often & not as much (like the mini blizzard last night instead of the usual medium.  and the strawberry one, not the turtle).

Do I still have quite the battle to keep fighting?  Yes.  Am I still a little frightened about it?  No question.  But, most importantly, am I determined to succeed?  Just watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment